- Beall: http://scholarlyoa.com/2014/01/09/questionable-oa-publisher-launches-with-a-clever-website-and-52-new-journals/; http://sacsanua.blogspot.com/2013/01/suspicious-academic-conferences-and.html
- Paul Jump, Research Intelligence -- 'Predators' Who Lurk in Plain Cite, Aug. 2, 2012, https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/research/research-intelligence-predators-who-lurk-in-plain-cite/420731.article
Google Maps finds nothing to report (11/26/16) at the address for the "Director (USA), Dr. John Simth Jr., 432 Claremont Avenue, New York, NY 10027." Three other "key people" are at this address. The other director is said to be one Nilofa Yasmin in Bangladesh. The About CPI page declares that CPI is "a virtual research organization ... working for creating and nurturing talents in USA and Bangladesh ... and has attained a significant place in the world for its praiseworthy activities."
The domain name of one the journals (AIJSS) was registered by Md. Mamin Ullah, of Western Education, 5/Ka, 2nd Floor, PC Culture, Ring Road Shamoli, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh, +88.01778964703, email@example.com. He is the founding director of the "American Research Institute for Policy Development" -- another publisher of very flaky journals. The identity of whoever selected the CPI domain name (cpinet.org) is hidden. The organizational registrant is PrivacyDotLink Customer 2634320, PO Box 30485, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, KY1-1202, KY.
The editorial board (as of 11/26/16) is said to include three US members: Dr. George Lehman, Professor of Business and Economics, Bluffton University, USA; Dr. J. Peter Pham, Assistant Professor of Justice Studies, Director, Nelson Institute for International and Public Affairs, James Madison University, USA; Thomas Traynor, PhD, Professor, Department of Economics, Wright State University, USA. The chief advisor is Jim Briden, PhD, Professor, School of Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford, UK.
The solicitation email of 1/17/16 indicates that Anson Braeden (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the sender, but a Google search turns up nothing for the name or address. The AIJSS website gives an address with no academic affiliation in Colfax, Louisiana, for the journal's editor-in-chief.
The US members of the editorial board are listed (5/29/16) as Patricia Westerman, Professor of Psychology, Bowie State University; Toni Muhammad, Department of Sociology, University of Louisiana, Lafayette; Linda Barton, Lead Professor of Marketing, College of Business Administration, Gainesville, GA; Jared Keengwe, Associate Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks; Gary W. Ballou, Department of Education, Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA Tonyesima Furro, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology, Sociology, and Social Work, Albany State University; Rickey Warner, Associate Professor, Management & Marketing, Grambling State University, LA
- 11/15/16, 11/26/16: International Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IJHSS) is an open access, peer-reviewed and refereed international journal published by Center for Promoting Ideas, USA. The main objective of IJHSS is to provide an intellectual platform for the international scholars. IJHSS aims to ... become the leading journal in humanities and social science in the world. The journal publishes research papers in the fields of humanities and social science such as anthropology, business studies, communication studies, corporate governance ,criminology, cross-cultural studies ,demography, development studies, economics, education, ethics, geography, history, industrial relations, information science, international relations, law, linguistics, library science, media studies, methodology, philosophy, political science, population Studies, psychology, public administration, sociology, social welfare, linguistics ,literature, paralegal, performing arts (music, theatre & dance), religious studies ,visual arts, women studies and so on. ... The journal is now indexed [and] under the indexing process with ISI, ERIC, Econlit, Scopus and Journalseek. ... IJHSS is inviting papers for Vol. 6 No. 12 which is scheduled to be published on December 31, 2016. Last date of submission: November 30, 2016. ... For more information, visit the official website of the journal www.ijhssnet.com With thanks, Dr. J. Sabrina Mims-Cox
- 1/17/16, 12/13/16: AIJSS [American International Journal of Social Science]
aims to promote interdisciplinary studies in social science and become
the leading journal in social science in the world. The journal
publishes research papers in the fields of economics, international
relations, law, development studies, population studies, political
science, history, journalism and mass communication, corporate
governance, cross-cultural studies, peace and conflict, library and
information science, public administration, psychology, philosophy,
sociology, women studies, religious studies, social welfare,
anthropology, linguistics, education , management, marketing, finance,
banking, accounting, human resources management, international business,
hotel and tourism, entrepreneurship development, business ethics and so
AIJSS is inviting papers for Vol. 5 No. 1 which is scheduled to be published on February 29, 2016. [Changed in the 12/13/16 email from a Silvia DCosta to "Vol. 5 No. 6 which is scheduled to be published on January 31, 2017. Last date of submission: December 31, 2016."] [A]n early submission will get preference in case of review and publication process. With thanks, Dr. Stewart Lehman, The Chief Editor, American International Journal of Social Science
- 3/21/17, from Rivera Jones (email@example.com): ... AIJSS is inviting papers for Vol. 6 No. 2 which is scheduled to be published on June 30, 2017. Last date of submission: April 30, 2017. However, an early submission will get preference in case of review and publication process. ... With thanks, Dr. Stewart Lehman, The Chief Editor, American International Journal of Social Science, firstname.lastname@example.org
- From: Jones Rivera (email@example.com)
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:41 AM
Subject: Call for Papers
American International Journal of Social Science (AIJSS) is a double blind peer reviewed journal published by Center for Promoting Ideas (CPI), USA. The main objective of AIJSS is to provide an intellectual platform for the international scholars. AIJSS aims to promote interdisciplinary studies in social science and become the leading journal in social science in the world. ... AIJSS is inviting papers for Vol. 6 No. 3 which is scheduled to be published on September 30, 2017. Last date of submission: August 31, 2017. ... With thanks, Dr. Stewart Lehman, The Chief Editor, American International Journal of Social Science, firstname.lastname@example.org